If you’ve thought that pampering yourself and buying yourself treats were out of your price range, think again! Below are ten inexpensive things you can buy yourself this summer that will brighten your day and bring a new spring to your step.
Take Care of Yourself
Taking care of yourself is not just about fancy manicures and spa days, my friend. It’s about the little things that you do every day to nurture and remind yourself that you’re important. You count, too!
Too often, we have no problem buying little trinkets for our kids, family, and friends, but we wouldn’t even consider buying the same thing for ourselves without feeling guilty.
My friend, it’s time to lose the guilt.
You deserve a little pick-me-up every so often. I’m not talking about buying things you can’t afford or filling your house with junk. Ugh. That’s not self-care. Rather, this is about buying yourself something inexpensive that you need and that will bring a bit of joy to your summer day.
If you’d like a more general list of 10 inexpensive things to treat yourself to (not related to any particular season), read this for more inspiration: Ten Inexpensive Things to Treat Yourself To Right Now.
You deserve to treat yourself well!
10 Inexpensive Items to Treat Yourself to this Summer
1. Popsicle molds. Popsicle molds have come a long way since those old plastic nightmares your Mom used to use. You know, the ones you could never get the popsicle out of. Now for a few bucks, you can buy a silicone mold in a fun shape. The best part — your popsicle will come out much easier. Plus, it’ll encourage you to eat healthier since you can puree fresh summer fruit for your popsicles. Win-win!
2. Gardening Gloves. For a few dollars at your local gardening shop, you can buy a fresh, pretty pair of gardening gloves, making weeding and other chores more fun and appealing. I like to buy gloves with extra protection (a plastic or silicone layer) to protect me even more for when I accidentally pick a weed that would make me itch. Definitely worth a few dollars to save some serious discomfort!
3. Umbrella. If you only have a practical black umbrella, go ahead and get yourself something fun. You can never have too many umbrellas, can you? I also like to keep a small umbrella in the car for those unexpected summer storms.
4. Armband for your phone. Summer is the time to take lots of fun walks. Keep your phone handy with an armband so you can listen to your favorite tunes or podcasts during your walks. This purchase may also guilt you into walking more! Who knows?!
5. Whimsical yard decoration. Bring some smiles to your face every time you come home. You can buy a little flower that moves in the wind, a pretty wind chime, or whatever adorable (and highly impractical) decoration appeals to you. I like to get mine at a kite shop when on vacation. Such fun!
6. Anklet. Anklets just make us feel pretty! My favorite kind is made from elastic since it’s so comfortable, you’ll forget you have it on. There’s something about anklets that make us feel young and fun again.
7. Water bottle. If your water bottle is old and beat up, treat yourself to something new and pretty! It’s always a great idea to keep extras on hand, too, since they always seem to go missing at the worst time.
8. Vase. If you’re like most people, the only vases you have around the house are the cheapo ones that wobble like crazy. This summer you’re going to want to fill your home with fresh flowers, so treat yourself to something beautiful to put them in.
9. Throw pillow. The throw pillows on your couch are probably something you never think about. Your kids use them to build forts and they probably look a bit worn. For very little money you can buy yourself a new pillow (or pillow cover) in a cheerful summer color that’ll brighten your whole room.
10. Glittery Nail polish. A list of summer treats would not be complete without a new nail polish. Your old bottles are probably rotten, anyway. Treat yourself to something glittery and happy looking.
I hope you’re inspired to treat yourself to something nice this summer. You’ll feel like a million bucks and most importantly, you’ll remember that you’re worth a million bucks.
Enjoy every minute, my friend. You are SO worth it.
Learn more ideas about how to become better balanced. It really is possible!